You are seeking for job and got a call for an interview. Now, you’re nervous for that. Before an interview, many of us get nervous, well it’s a natural. Time before the interview is very crucial and you should utilize that time smartly for preparing for the interview. However, remember that, an interview is a two-sided process.
Stages of Interview Process
There are three stages in an Interview Process:
- Before Interview
- During Interview
- After Interview
Further in this post, you’ll read some tips for these three stages of interview process which will help you in cracking the interview and getting your dream job.
Tips for the Before Interview
Before going for an interview, note the following basic tips –
- Learn more about the Company/Organisation by visiting their website, social media handles other data.
- Review your CV and be prepared to discuss your relevant skills.
- Bring extra copies of your CV, a notebook/pad and a pen/pencil.
- Be neat and clean in your appearance and always wear a formal dress.
- Find out the interview venue, get clear directions and arrive 15-30 minutes early at the venue.
Tips for the Interview
- Be Relaxed!
- Be confident, polite, enthusiastic, and honest but not overconfident.
- Listen to the questions carefully asked by interviewer, so you can give clear and thoughtful answers.
- You may ask relevant questions about the job profile.
- At the end, thanks the interview panel for their time and consideration.
Tips for Post-Interview
After your interview remember following points:
- Send a short thank you e-mail within 24 to 48 hours of interview.
- If you are not selected for the job, it is OK to ask the interviewer politely in which area(s) you could improve on for the future!